For many years before my rediscovery of oils, after office hours I worked in wax-based colored pencil; since my return to painting I have also continued with colored pencil, experimenting with works on board rather than paper and adapting tonal underpainting methods to my pencil work.
My subject matter is primarily the human figure in light and space, with occasional forays into still life, interiors, and animal companions. In 2013 I finished a grant-funded expansion of my Anglo-American traditional dance series, called Unlikely Dance. My current series are The Body Electric (recently finished), and Watchers. I’m also experimenting with some different painting techniques.
I am an Exhibiting Member of Cooperative Gallery 213 in Binghamton, NY.
You can see some of my fine art portfolio here.
Find out more about my painting process here.
I am not currently accepting commissions.
You can purchase prints, cards, and originals of my work online at
GreenBoat Gallery on Etsy.
Recent Juried Shows:
- Strokes of Genius, Maryland Federation of Art, Annapolis MD
- Rhythm & Rhyme, Community Arts Partnership, Ithaca NY
- The Joy of Dancing, Tompkins County Public Library, Ithaca NY
- Love, Lust, & Desire, McGowan Fine Art, Concord NH
- Northeastern Biennial, Scranton PA
- Binghamton July Fest, Binghamton NY
- National Small Works Competition, Windsor NY
- Roberson Regional Art Exhibit, Roberson Museum and Science Center, Binghamton NY
- Rude & Bold Women, Binghamton NY
- En Plein Aire, Owego NY
- Window on the Arts, Windsor NY
- Canine/Feline – Windsor Whip Works Art Gallery, Windsor NY
- New England Folk Festival Arts and Crafts, Mansfield MA