Life is not dull. In the past two or three weeks I’ve:
- had what seems to have been whooping cough (pertussis), while sitting out Hurricane Sandy in Alexandria, VA. Thrilling combination. Still have the leftover hacking cough.
- set up and sat at the American Civic Association’s Holiday Arts and Crafts Bazaar, which suffered mightily from lack of publicity.
- taken on publicity duties, official and unofficial, for the December 2012 Members Exhibit of the Fine Arts Society of the Southern Tier and the Windsor Whip Works Art Center’s weekly life drawing session.
- photographed Binghamton Community Dance’s Kindred Spirits Day of Dance (contra and English Country) for Unlikely Dance, and culled through the resulting 2700-plus photos, reducing them to 500 or so.
- posted a couple of hundred dance photos on Picasa.com and shared them with the respective dance organizations (not public due to privacy concerns).
- had a piece accepted into the National Small Works Competition at the Windsor Whip Works Gallery (about which I’m thrilled!)…
Now preparing work for group holiday shows with the Fine Arts Society of the Southern Tier, Cooperative Gallery 213, Broome County Arts Council, The Art Mission and Theater… and Old Barn Hollow Food and Artisan Market, where I’ll be selling the earrings I make.
Will blog separately about some of these items when/if I get the chance!